A Bit About Me
Why Mogul Skiing?
Ever since the first day I entered a mogul competition, I knew that this sport was for me. The thrill and adrenaline associated with stepping into the gate before each run, knowing you could have the run of your life, is a feeling that I will cherish years after I stop mogul skiing. I love stepping it up each day during training and competition to face every obstacle that I encounter along my journey; each surpassed challenge leaves me wanting more. Throughout my career, the most important lesson I’ve learned is how consistent hard work and determination pay off in the long run.
After two years representing the United States on the top level of my sport, I’m thankful for all of the experience I’ve gained. This past season brought about several big lessons for me — in being named as the first alternate for the Winter Olympic Games (and consequently being forced to take a hard look at my career and current training/competition practices) I learned quite a bit about myself, in addition to discovering a consistent fire in my skiing that will characterize each of my mogul runs moving forward. From the lessons, though, came my best — and most consistent — results as I finished out the season (including a 4th place singles finish, my best World Cup Singles result ever).
Moving forward into a new Olympic cycle, I am determined to give the next 4 years my everything. I want to push the women’s side of the sport through tricks with higher degrees of difficulty, all while solidifying my place as the best mogul skier in the world. This season (which includes World Championships) is sure to be one of the most exciting yet!!
Beyond the Bumps
Aside from freestyle competitive skiing, I have recently graduated from Stanford Online High School, a highly selective independent school for gifted students and intellectual risk takers. For the next step in my education, I’m beyond excited to be a student at Columbia University in NYC!!!
When I’m at home in Park City, I have been volunteering a few hours per week at the local food bank - The Christian Center of Park City. I also volunteer at Nuzzles and Co. - the animal adoption shelter in Park City. My time volunteering has helped me to realize how important it is to give back, and how even a small bit of effort can make a big difference in one’s community.
Where in the World is Olivia?
2018-19 Competition Schedule
Ruka, FIN | Dec 7 | MO
Thaiwoo, CHN | Dec 15 | MO
Thaiwoo, CHN | Dec 16 | MO
Calgary, CAN | Jan 12 | MO
Lake Placid, USA | Jan 18 | MO
Mont-Tremblant, CAN | Jan 26 | MO
*Park City, USA | Feb 8 | MO
*Park City, USA | Feb 9 | DM
Tazawako, JPN | Feb 23 | MO
Tazawako, JPN | Feb 24 | DM
Shymbulak, KAZ | Mar 2 | MO
Shymbulak, KAZ | Mar 3 | DM
*2019 World Championships
My Competition Highlights
|12th Overall Standing on World Cup Tour|
|4th Tazawako, Japan WC - Moguls|
|6th Thaiwoo, China WC - Moguls|
|10th Tazawako, Japan WC - Dual Moguls|
| 3rd Moguls, 4th Dual Moguls
US National Championships
| 2nd & 3rd Moguls
|2017 FIS World Cup Rookie of the Year|
|11th Overall Standing on World Cup Tour|
|3rd Tazawako, Japan WC - Dual Moguls|
|4th Deer Valley, USA WC - Dual Moguls|
|10th Tazawako, Japan WC - Moguls|
| 15th Moguls, 17th Dual Moguls
2017 World Championships
| 1st Dual Moguls, 3rd Moguls
2017 Junior World Championships
| 2nd 2016 US National Championships
Qualified for the 2016-17 US National Team
|1st 2016 US Junior National Championships|
|16th 2016 Deer Valley, USA WC - Moguls|
| 3rd Moguls, 4th Moguls, 5th Dual Moguls
2015 US Selections
| 1st U15, 4th Overall
2015 Junior National Championships
| 2nd U15, 12th Overall
2014 Junior National Championships
Follow Along on My Journey!
Sign-Up to Subscribe to My TeamLivy Updates!
After you subscribe, you will receive my updates directly to your email,
usually about a week before the entry is posted on my web site.
Become a Part of TeamLivy!
Thank you to my AMAZING sponsors!
During my career, I have been fortunate enough to have some pretty awesome sponsors!! They have helped me to become the skier — and person — I am today, and I couldn’t be more thankful to have them all as a part of my team! Take a peek at the links below to find out a little more about each company!
To join my team, please contact me! I’d love to have you by my side!! (:
In the News
NBC Olympics, November 10, 2017
- May 19, 2018: 2018-19 U.S. Freestyle Ski Team Nominations (USSA)
- March 24, 2018: McCargo and Wilson Crowned Moguls National Champions (USSA)
- March 2, 2018: McCargo Third in Tazawako (USSA)
- December 22, 2017: Kauf Lands Back-to-Back Podiums (USSA)
- April 12, 2017: FIS Freestyle Junior Worlds conclude in Valmalenco, USA best nation (FIS)
- April 11, 2017: Moguls 2016/17 World Cup season recap (FIS)
- April 5, 2017: Giaccio Wins Gold at Junior World Championships (USSA)
- April 5, 2017: Gold twice over for Steamboat skiers (Steamboat Today)
- March 21, 2017: USSA Names Freestyle Junior Worlds Team (USSA)
- March 6, 2017: Steamboat women set for World Ski Championships (Steamboat Today)
- February 26, 2017: Podium for Wilson in World Cup Finale (USSA)
- February 26, 2017: Cox and Kingsbury on top in World Cup Finale (FIS)
- February 19, 2017: Kauf and Kingsbury triumph in Tazawako dual moguls (FIS)
- February 18, 2017: Debut Win for Jaelin Kauf (USSA)
- February 5, 2017: Kauf Podiums Again at Deer Valley (USSA)
- February 5, 2017: Cox and Kingsbury reign supreme in Deer Valley duals (FIS)
- December 8, 2016: Olivia Giaccio: World-Class Mogul Skier (The Pixel Journal)
- June 7, 2016: Age no obstacle for U.S. Freestyle Ski Team member (The Coast News)
- March 18, 2016: Go, go Giaccio! Steamboat teen lands on moguls podium (Steamboat Today)
- January 9, 2016: Skiers fly high on Voodoo (Steamboat Today)